I perform interdisciplinary research on wildlife conservation issues, particularly human-carnivore coexistence in Washington State.
In 2016, the Bullitt Foundation awarded me their 10th annual Environmental Leadership prize. The Bullitt prize is a huge honor for me and encourages me to continue investing in conservation, environment, and education.
The Sunday Monitor newspaper named me one of the “Top 40 Women Under 40” in my home country of Uganda.
Recent Talks / Conferences
- June - invited speaker at Olympic Natural Resources Center, Forks, WA
- May - invited speaker for STEM Fair at Sammamish High School, Bellevue, WA
- May - keynote at Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA
- February - invited speaker at Methow Valley Conservancy, Twisp, WA
- February - PRI article and interview
- November - OneHealth Day presentation (video), Center for One Health Research, University of Washington
- October - Student Conference on Conservation Science- New York, NY
- September - Bullitt Environmental Prize Fellowship
- June - invited speaker at Safari West, Santa Rosa, California
- March - Graduate Student Symposium, UW SEFS (PDF): What fosters ranchers’ commitment to participate in wolf conflict mitigation strategies?
- October - Wildlife Conservation Network Expo
- Senior Field Officer (WILD Project), Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), 2009 - 2012
- Supervised field activities for WILD Program which included working with communities in close proximity to protected areas to identify suitable alternative livelihoods that would reduce human-wildlife conflict.
- Participated in Environmental Impact Assessment review for oil development projects.
Farm Manager and Estate Director, Bosemba Farm, 2005 - 2008
- Supervised day-to-day operations of rural farm.
PhD candidate, University of Washington-Seattle
Certificate, Nonprofit Management program, UW Evans School of Public Policy
MSc, Environment & Natural Resources, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BSc, Zoology (Major); Botany & Psychology (Minor); Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Awards / Scholarships
Advisory Board, Initiative for Peer Education on Climate Change (IPECC)
President, Tusubira - We Have Hope Inc.